NEW in 2020, we are now pleased to take special orders of the Libra corset in any currently available colorway! Please note that these corsets are Final Sale (they cannot be exchanged or returned under normal circumstances, since they will not be able to go back into stock as a part of a regular product line). However they are still covered under the manufacturing warranty (read more below).
The Libra corset is suitable for someone with an average torso length (it is shorter than the standard length hourglass!) and a relatively balanced figure who carries their weight equally on top and bottom. If you find that you have to lace the hourglass corset with a “V” shaped lacing gap, you may find that the Libra laces closed on you with room to spare!
This corset is Timeless Trends label, and is made to the same specifications as Timeless Trends.
This table shows the ribcage, waist, and hip measurements for each size Libra corset.
|Corset Size||Ribcage (inches)|
(Measured 4.5 inches
up from waistline)
|Waist (inches)||Upper Hip (inches)
(Measured 3 inches
down from waistline)
The Libra corsets generally accommodate ribcage ~10 inches larger than the waist, and hips ~11 inches larger than the waist. For instance, a size 24″ corset would fit someone with a ribcage circumference of 34″ and high hip of 35″. However, as a mass-produced garment there is a natural variation in these corsets so the proportions may not be exact in every corset.
Lengthwise, the standard length underbust corsets are approximately:
10.5 inches long in the center front.
9.5 inches long at the princess seam.
9.5 inches long at the side seam.
12 inches long at the center back.
- most only accommodate reductions up to ~7 inches
- most are only available for long torso lengths (11 inches or more)
- most are typically marketed towards gentlemen and they have a stereotypically masculine shape
- athletic women who may have a muscular back, especially developed latissimus dorsi muscles (this would be suitable for waist training prior to fitness competitions)
- nonbinary individuals who like to wear corsets but do not want a style that is overly feminine nor overly masculine
- drag queens who would like a dramatic waist reduction and may not want to pad out their hips or have to wear an OTR corset upside down for it to fit better
- anyone who has developed a barrel chest (congenitally or through swimming, playing a brass instrument, singing professionally, etc) and a comparatively narrow pelvis
It is generally advised that corsets are ordered approximately 4-6 inches (10-12 cm) smaller than your natural waist – however if you would like to have your size verified before purchase, you may fill out the measurement form on this page. Please note that this sizing guide is only for the corsets sold on this website, and is not intended to replace a consultation (where external brands are discussed freely).
This corset contains two core layers of cotton twill, and a fashion layer of your choosing!
All standard underbust corsets contain 20 spiral steel bones and 6 flat steel bones, plus a front fastening busk and back grommets/ laces. Libra corsets have a modesty placket by the busk, and 6 garter tabs instead of 4.
A back modesty panel is not included, but we do have separate, boned modesty panels for separate purchase.
Returns and Exchanges:
This corset is Final Sale – the corset will not be accepted for exchange or refund, but it is still under warranty for life – some wear is normal, but if something prematurely breaks from normal use, your corset is still eligible for exchange. Please see our TOS and Policies for more information.