Here you’ll find policies, disclaimers, and answers to FAQs concerning the less interesting side of this website.
Terms of Service:
Please read this Agreement carefully before accessing or using the Website. By accessing or using any part of the web site, you agree to become bound by the terms and conditions of this agreement. If you do not agree to all the terms and conditions of this agreement, then you may not access the Website or use any services. If these terms and conditions are considered an offer by Lucy Corsetry, acceptance is expressly limited to these terms. The services and products on or through this website are intended only for individuals who are at least 18 years old.
- Your lucycorsetry.com Account and Site. If you create an account on the Website, you are responsible for maintaining the security of your account, and you are fully responsible for all activities that occur under the account and any other actions taken in connection with the blog. You must not describe or assign keywords to your account or in your comments in a misleading or unlawful manner, including in a manner intended to trade on the name or reputation of others, and Lucy Corsetry may change or remove any words that it considers inappropriate or unlawful, or otherwise likely to cause Lucy Corsetry liability. You must immediately notify Lucy Corsetry of any unauthorized uses of your blog, your account or any other breaches of security. Lucy Corsetry will not be liable for any acts or omissions by You, including any damages of any kind incurred as a result of such acts or omissions.
- Responsibility of Contributors. If you operate a blog, comment on a blog, post material to the Website, post links on the Website, or otherwise make (or allow any third party to make) material available by means of the Website (any such material, “Content”), You are entirely responsible for the content of, and any harm resulting from, that Content. That is the case regardless of whether the Content in question constitutes text, graphics, an audio file, or computer software. By making Content available, you represent and warrant that:
- the downloading, copying and use of the Content will not infringe the proprietary rights, including but not limited to the copyright, patent, trademark or trade secret rights, of any third party;
- if your employer has rights to intellectual property you create, you have either (i) received permission from your employer to post or make available the Content, including but not limited to any software, or (ii) secured from your employer a waiver as to all rights in or to the Content;
- you have fully complied with any third-party licenses relating to the Content, and have done all things necessary to successfully pass through to end users any required terms;
- the Content does not contain or install any viruses, worms, malware, Trojan horses or other harmful or destructive content;
- the Content is not spam, is not machine- or randomly-generated, and does not contain unethical or unwanted commercial content designed to drive traffic to third party sites or boost the search engine rankings of third party sites, or to further unlawful acts (such as phishing) or mislead recipients as to the source of the material (such as spoofing);
- the Content is not pornographic, does not contain threats or incite violence towards individuals or entities, and does not violate the privacy or publicity rights of any third party;
- your blog is not getting advertised via unwanted electronic messages such as spam links on newsgroups, email lists, other blogs and web sites, and similar unsolicited promotional methods;
- your blog is not named in a manner that misleads your readers into thinking that you are another person or company. For example, your blog’s URL or name is not the name of a person other than yourself or company other than your own; and
- you have, in the case of Content that includes computer code, accurately categorized and/or described the type, nature, uses and effects of the materials, whether requested to do so by Lucy Corsetry or otherwise.
By submitting Content to Lucy Corsetry for inclusion on your Website, you grant Lucy Corsetry a world-wide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to reproduce, modify, adapt and publish the Content solely for the purpose of displaying, distributing and promoting your blog. If you delete Content, Lucy Corsetry will use reasonable efforts to remove it from the Website, but you acknowledge that caching or references to the Content may not be made immediately unavailable.
Without limiting any of those representations or warranties, Lucy Corsetry has the right (though not the obligation) to, in Lucy Corsetry’s sole discretion (i) refuse or remove any content that, in Lucy Corsetry’s reasonable opinion, violates any Lucy Corsetry policy or is in any way harmful or objectionable, or (ii) terminate or deny access to and use of the Website to any individual or entity for any reason, in Lucy Corsetry’s sole discretion. Lucy Corsetry will have no obligation to provide a refund of any amounts previously paid.
- Payment and Purchases.
- General Terms.
By selecting a product or service, you agree to pay Lucy Corsetry the fees indicated (additional payment terms may be included in other communications). The following payments through Lucy Corsetry are not refundable: purchases of custom corsets, purchases of gently used corsets, purchases of one-off samples, purchases of other miscellaneous merchandise such as post cards and accessories, purchases of one-on-one consultations, purchases of specialized group webinars/ online courses, and any donations that you may choose to make to Lucy Corsetry. Purchases of new OTR corsets in the Silver Line may be refunded, provided that all terms are met (see the Timeless Trends/ Black Iris terms below).
- General Terms.
- Fees; Payment. By signing up for a Service you agree to pay Lucy Corsetry the applicable setup fees and any recurring fees. Applicable fees will be invoiced starting from the day your services are established and in advance of using such services. Lucy Corsetry reserves the right to change the payment terms and fees, but will communicate any changes before payment is due.
- Support. If your service includes access to priority email support, e.g. written consultation reports and follow-up questions, Lucy Corsetry will give reasonable effort to complete the initial report within 1 week (7 days), and respond to follow up questions within two business days). “Priority” means that support takes priority over support for users of the standard or free lucycorsetry.com services. All support will be provided in accordance with Lucy Corsetry standard services practices, procedures and policies.
- Responsibility of Website Visitors. Lucy Corsetry has not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, including computer software, posted to the Website, and cannot therefore be responsible for that material’s content, use or effects. By operating the Website, Lucy Corsetry does not represent or imply that it endorses the material there posted, or that it believes such material to be accurate, useful or non-harmful. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. The Website may contain content that is offensive, indecent, or otherwise objectionable, as well as content containing technical inaccuracies, typographical mistakes, and other errors. The Website may also contain material posted by others that violates the privacy or publicity rights, or infringes the intellectual property and other proprietary rights, of third parties, or the downloading, copying or use of which is subject to additional terms and conditions, stated or unstated. Lucy Corsetry disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from the use by visitors of the Website, or from any downloading by those visitors of content there posted.
- Content Posted on Other Websites. We have not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, including computer software, made available through the websites and webpages to which lucycorsetry.com links, and that link to lucycorsetry.com. Lucy Corsetry does not have any control over those non-Lucy Corsetry websites and webpages, and is not responsible for their contents or their use. By linking to a non-Lucy Corsetry website or webpage, Lucy Corsetry does not represent or imply that it endorses such website or webpage. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. Lucy Corsetry disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from your use of non-Lucy Corsetry websites and webpages.
- Copyright Infringement and DMCA Policy. As Lucy Corsetry asks others to respect its intellectual property rights, it respects the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that material located on or linked to by lucycorsetry.com violates your copyright, you are encouraged to notify Lucy Corsetry (email is best) in accordance with Lucy Corsetry’s Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) Policy. Lucy Corsetry will respond to all such notices, including as required or appropriate by removing the infringing material or disabling all links to the infringing material. Lucy Corsetry will terminate a visitor’s access to and use of the Website if, under appropriate circumstances, the visitor is determined to be a repeat infringer of the copyrights or other intellectual property rights of Lucy Corsetry or others. In the case of such termination, Lucy Corsetry will have no obligation to provide a refund of any amounts previously paid to Lucy Corsetry.
- Intellectual Property. This Agreement does not transfer from Lucy Corsetry to you any Lucy Corsetry or third party intellectual property, and all right, title and interest in and to such property will remain (as between the parties) solely with Lucy Corsetry. Lucy Corsetry, lucycorsetry.com, the lucycorsetry.com logo, and all other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with lucycorsetry.com, or the Website are trademarks or registered trademarks of Lucy Corsetry. Other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with the Website may be the trademarks of other third parties. Your use of the Website grants you no right or license to reproduce or otherwise use any Lucy Corsetry or third-party trademarks.
- Advertisements and Affiliate Links. Lucy Corsetry reserves the right to display advertisements and post affiliate links on this Website. On this site, “Sponsors” are those who purchase an ad space on the Website or otherwise compensate for this space for a given length of time, but Lucy Corsetry received no commission from any user who purchases from that site. “Affiliate links” are links or hyperlinked objects that lets you enter that non-Lucy Corsetry site under a special URL / puts a cookie on your computer, so if you purchase from that website within a given session, Lucy Corsetry may receive a small commission. Lucy Corsetry is not employed by these companies, does not represent these other websites and does not necessarily endorse every product on such websites. By visiting any other websites from or through Lucy Corsetry or using any of their products or services, you agree to those non-Lucy Corsetry sites’ terms of service. Please check with those other websites if you’re unsure about their TOS.
- Changes. Lucy Corsetry reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify or replace any part of this Agreement. It is your responsibility to check this Agreement periodically for changes. Your continued use of or access to the Website following the posting of any changes to this Agreement constitutes acceptance of those changes. Lucy Corsetry may also, in the future, offer new services and/or features through the Website (including, the release of new tools and resources). Such new features and/or services shall be subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
- Termination. Lucy Corsetry may terminate your access to all or any part of the Website at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice, effective immediately. If you wish to terminate this Agreement or your lucycorsetry.com account (if you have one), you may simply discontinue using the Website. All provisions of this Agreement which by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity and limitations of liability.
- Disclaimer of Warranties. The Website is provided “as is”. Lucy Corsetry and its suppliers and licensors hereby disclaim all warranties of any kind, express or implied, including, without limitation, the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. Neither Lucy Corsetry nor its suppliers and licensors, makes any warranty that the Website will be error free or that access thereto will be continuous or uninterrupted. You understand that you download from, or otherwise obtain content or services through, the Website at your own discretion and risk.
- Limitation of Liability. In no event will Lucy Corsetry, or its suppliers or licensors, be liable with respect to any subject matter of this agreement under any contract, negligence, strict liability or other legal or equitable theory for: (i) any special, incidental or consequential damages; (ii) the cost of procurement for substitute products or services; (iii) for interruption of use or loss or corruption of data; or (iv) for any amounts that exceed the fees paid by you to Lucy Corsetry for new OTR corset products beyond the 30-day return window. Lucy Corsetry shall have no liability for any failure or delay due to matters beyond their reasonable control including but not limited to shipped products that are delayed, lost or stolen. The foregoing shall not apply to the extent prohibited by applicable law.
- Indemnification. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Lucy Corsetry, its contractors, and its licensors, and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents from and against any and all claims and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, arising out of your use of the Website, including but not limited to your violation of this Agreement.
Lucy Corsetry (“Lucy Corsetry“) operates lucycorsetry.com and may operate other websites. It is Lucy Corsetry’s policy to respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect while operating our websites.
Like most website operators, including WordPress blogs, this Website collects non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. Lucy Corsetry’s purpose in collecting non-personally identifying information is to better understand how Lucy Corsetry’s visitors use the site. From time to time, Lucy Corsetry may publish non-personally-identifying information in the aggregate, e.g. a light-hearted compilation of search terms, or statistics like number of views per month.
This website, like all WordPress blogs, also automatically collects information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses for logged in users and for users leaving comments on lucycorsetry.com blogs/sites. Through the use of contact forms, users are knowingly, voluntarily and manually providing personal information to Lucy Corsetry (read more below).
Gathering of Personally-Identifying Information
Certain visitors to Lucy Corsetry’s websites choose to interact with Lucy Corsetry in ways that require Lucy Corsetry to gather personally-identifying information. The amount and type of information that Lucy Corsetry gathers depends on the nature of the interaction. For example, we ask visitors who leave a comment at lucycorsetry.com to provide a username, email address, and if desired a website URL. Those who engage in transactions/ purchases with Lucy Corsetry are asked to provide additional information, including as necessary the personal and financial information required to process those transactions (e.g. measurements, shipping address, etc). In each case, Lucy Corsetry collects such information only insofar as is necessary or appropriate to fulfill the purpose of the visitor’s interaction with Lucy Corsetry. Lucy Corsetry does not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below. Visitors can always refuse to supply personally-identifying information, with the caveat that it may prevent them from engaging in certain website-related activities (e.g. if you do not provide an email with your comment, you will not get notifications of replies).
Protection of Certain Personally-Identifying Information
In terms of the transfer of funds specifically; Lucy Corsetry accepts transactions via Paypal and Stripe currently. Paypal and Stripe assign a unique ID number for each transaction and does not give the sender or recipient personal financial information (name of bank/ credit union or bank numbers, credit card numbers, etc are not provided), so Lucy Corsetry does not have access to this financial information from any user who makes transactions through Paypal. Paypal does however provide other identifying information such as the customer’s name, email, and shipping address – see the paragraph above for how this information is used. Lucy Corsetry will not rent or sell potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information to anyone. Other than to its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations, as described above, Lucy Corsetry discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only in response to a subpoena, court order or other governmental request, or when Lucy Corsetry believes in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of Lucy Corsetry, third parties or the public at large. If you are a registered user of an Lucy Corsetry website and have supplied your email address to receive newsletters, Lucy Corsetry may occasionally send you an email to tell you about new features, solicit your feedback, or just keep you up to date with what’s going on with Lucy Corsetry posts and products. If you send us a request (for example via email or via one of our feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish it in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users. Lucy Corsetry takes all measures reasonably necessary to protect against the unauthorized access, use, alteration or destruction of potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information.
If Lucy Corsetry, or substantially all of its assets, were acquired, or in the unlikely event that Lucy Corsetry goes out of business, user information (e.g. comments, contact forms, etc.) would be one of the obligatory assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any possible future acquirer of Lucy Corsetry may continue to use your personal information as set forth in this policy.
I will only collect and use your Personal Data where:
- I have lawful grounds to do so, including to comply with my legal obligations;
I am performing a contract with you for my services; and
I have legitimate interests in using your Personal Data and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
For the purposes of the EU General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679) (“GDPR”), I, Lucy Williams, am the “data controller”. If you have any questions about this policy or about how I use your Personal Data, please contact me via my contact details below.
1. Personal Data I Collect via My Website https://lucycorsetry.com (the“Website”)
I collect Personal Data where you choose to interact with me on the Website in the following ways:
When you sign-up to the weekly mailing list, you provide: Email address, First name, Last name
When you purchase a corset directly from the shop, you provide: Name, Email address, Mailing Address, Phone number, Any Personal Data which you provide to me in the “free text” box of the form, Payment method choice (payment details are held by the payment processor (Paypal or Stripe), not this website).
Please note that creating user accounts has been disabled from this website for security purposes; all customers “check out” as guests and information must be input again for each successive purchase order.
When you complete the contact/media enquiries forms, you provide: Name, Email address, Any Personal Data which you provide to me in the free text box of the form, location (optional)
Data that this website collects automatically:
I automatically collect certain information when you visit my Website – such as the type of browser and operating system you are using, and the domain name of your internet service provider. I do not link this information with any Personal Data.
2. Use of your Personal Data
I will only use your Personal Data when the law allows me to. Most commonly, I use your Personal Data to:
process and manage your use of my website;
respond to your questions, comments, and requests;
where you have opted-in to receive marketing from me, deliver communications that are relevant to your preferences / may be of interest to you;
improve my services and Website through analysis of information.
3. Sharing of your Personal Data
I take your privacy seriously and will not share your Personal Data with others, except as permitted by applicable law or as set out below:
I share Personal Data as necessary with third parties who provide services or functions on my behalf and who require the information to provide those specific services to me. These third parties may include social media advertising platforms such as Facebook and Google Adwords for the purpose of custom audience generation and the development of targeting criteria for other audiences. Please note that I have appropriate data privacy safeguards in place with third parties with whom I share Personal Data as described above and who are providing services or functions on my behalf.
4. Keeping your Personal Data secure
I have implemented security policies and technical measures to safeguard the Personal Data I collect. I maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with applicable law, including the GDPR, to safeguard Personal Data from accidental loss, destruction or damage and unauthorised access, use and disclosure.
5. Retention periods for use of your Personal Data
This Website and my services are aimed at adults, and I do not knowingly collect any Personal Data relating to children aged under 15 years old. If you are under the age of 15, please do not provide me with any of your Personal Data, including your email address.
7. Access to and control over your Personal Data (including “the right to be forgotten”)
You have legal rights under applicable law in relation to your Personal Data. You can ask the following questions, or take the following actions, at any time by contacting me via email or via my postal address:
see what Personal Data I hold about you (if any), including why I am holding it and who it could be disclosed to;
ask me to change/correct your Personal Data;
ask me to delete your Personal Data;
object to the processing of your Personal Data;
ask me to restrict the processing of your Personal Data;
withdraw any consents you have given me to the processing of your Personal Data; and
express any concerns you have about third parties’ use of your Personal Data.
Please note that purchase history can also be deleted (“forgotten”), bearing in mind that by destroying these records of past purchases may void the warranty on merchandise.
8. Change of purpose
I will only use your Personal Data for the purposes for which I collected it, unless I reasonably consider that I need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to have an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact me.
If I need to use your Personal Data for an unrelated purpose, I will notify you and I will explain the legal basis which allows me to do so.
9. Contact Me
My full details are: Lucy Williams (operating as Lucia Corsetti)
Email for Privacy Questions
Postal Address: PO Box 21545, Newmarket, Ontario, L3Y 8J1 Canada
Timeless Trends / Black Iris specific Terms:
30 Day Return Policy
For the New (OTR) corsets available from this Website (i.e. Timeless Trends/ Black Iris/ Lucia Corsetti brand corsets), Lucy Corsetry allows a 30 day return and exchange window from the date of purchase (amended Dec 15 2018 to match Timeless Trends’ new policies). You may gently try on the corset, and return or exchange the corset provided that the corset arrives to the Timeless Trends shipping department within 30 days. The corset should be returned in saleable condition, i.e. without marks, stains, odour, bent steel bones, wrinkling, etc. Examples of eligible reasons for returning or exchanging the corset: you don’t like the color you chose, you need a different size, you need a different cut/length of corset. To initiate an exchange or return, email Lucy Corsetry with your order number. If your return is eligible, you will receive an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) form, address and further instructions. If you would like to return your corset for exchange or refund, you are responsible for ensuring that the corset is delivered in a timely manner back to Timeless Trends and that postage is properly paid for.
For corset exchanges within the continental US: Lucy Corsetry will pay for the postage of the first replacement corset to you. If you require multiple exchanges over the 30 day window, Lucy Corsetry asks that you provide shipping in both directions.
For corset exchanges outside of the US: Lucy Corsetry will cover up to $14 USD for the postage of the first replacement corset to you. If you require multiple exchanges over the 30 day window, Lucy Corsetry asks that you provide shipping in both directions.
For corset returns (where an exchange is not desired and a refund is requested), Lucy Corsetry pledges a full refund of the purchase price of the corset (i.e. if you paid $75 for a clearance corset, you will receive $75. If you paid $119 for a longline corset, you will receive $119). However, Lucy Corsetry is not responsible for compensating any shipping fees, as USPS takes and keeps this portion. Lucy Corsetry does not charge a restocking fee! This is different to Timeless Trends’ policy, as they may not refund the full amount if you don’t return the corset in completely new condition.
After the 30-day return period is over, your corset cannot be returned for refund, but in accordance with Timeless Trends’ lifetime guarantee, should your corset wear out or break under normal use, you can have your corset exchanged for the same size and style corset. Please note that some wear over time is normal, so details such as the occasional loose thread or small loop of thread, wrinkling, a bit of stretching, etc. are not covered under warranty – but if something definitively fails in the corset like the busk breaks, or a seam rips, or if a grommet pulls out, your corset is eligible for exchange. We at Lucy Corsetry and Timeless Trends understand that there may not be a clear-cut line as to what is covered, so if you have any doubt do not hesitate to contact us. Please note that we reserve the right to deny a refund if it is discovered that the corset has been deliberately tampered with.
The Timeless Trends/ Black Iris specific terms are only applicable to the new OTR corsets. Lucy Corsetry does not accept exchanges or returns on any corsets sold through other means, including gently used corsets, one-off sample corsets, consignment corsets or any new custom corsets (because it was created to fit you specifically!). However if you purchased a handmade custom corset from Lucy Corsetry and it somehow breaks (the busk breaks, a seam rips, a grommet pops), contact Lucy Corsetry as it may be repairable.
Note, this disclaimer is also set in the footer on the front page of this website, and is posted here additionally to ensure that it is not overlooked or dismissed.
The entire contents of this website (as well as the contents in Lucy Corsetry’s Youtube videos, and on other social media) are based upon the research, opinions and personal experience of Lucy Corsetry and others within the corset community.
Please note that the content on this site is provided for information and sometimes entertainment purposes, and it is not intended as medical advice, nor does it replace a one-on-one relationship with a qualified medical physician. The information herein is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any ailment. Lucy Corsetry strongly recommends that you consult with your trusted healthcare professional(s) before purchasing or using a corset for any reason, and ensure that your health and well-being is monitored regularly.
Although some individuals may use corsets for therapeutic or corrective purposes, you should ensure that you yourself are in good physical condition before pursuing corset wear, and also understand that any form of body modification is not without risks. If you purchase or wear a corset for any reason, whether aesthetic, therapeutic or otherwise, you agree that you do so at your own risk, i.e. you agree that you are voluntarily participating in such activities, you assume all risk of injury to yourself, and you agree to release and discharge Lucy Corsetry from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of Lucy Corsetry’s negligence.
Spam and Disrespect
Lucy Corsetry holds a zero tolerance policy toward disrespectful or “spammy” comments and behavior.
SPAM: If you try to advertise yourself or your site on my Youtube/Facebook/blog, it will be deleted at Lucy Corsetry’s discretion, without the need for notice or permission – this is for the benefit of other readers. If you feel that your work is an asset to the corset community and would like to promote your own business, please contact Lucy Corsetry directly and ask permission before leaving self-promotional material. At this time, the Research section is updated regularly and without charge to corsetieres; for those looking for advertising, Lucy Corsetry does rent out ad space for a monthly fee.
DISRESPECT: While nobody can control what others say elsewhere on the internet, Lucy Corsetry maintains control over what comments are visible on this Website, related Youtube videos, and associated social media. Nobody would welcome a vandal onto their property or into their home, and so Lucy Corsetry will not welcome hater comments on her intellectual property. Deliberate snark, malicious or offensive comments about corsetry or any other touchy subject (e.g. remarks about race, gender, age, weight, religion etc.) will be immediately deleted and the offernder will be blocked/blacklisted without notice.