To learn more about the consultation process, read below (although the Paypal button and questionnaire are temporarily deactivated)
“Lucy, what is the BEST corset brand for me?”
More than half of all emails I receive are based around this question. With close to 350 known corset brands and makers out there, it can be confusing and frustrating to find one that fits your body, your budget and will fulfill your purposes. I have 115 corset reviews (and counting!) available for free on Youtube, and a significant portion of my website is dedicated to research tools and buying guides – but I understand that you may be confused or you may not have time to root through all the information.
I know you want a simple answer; to just look into a crystal ball and tell you the perfect corset right away. But the truth is, there is no such thing as “one perfect corset” for every person, because the same corset cannot fit every single body. However, no matter your body type, chances are there is a corset out there that will be both flattering and comfortable.
This is where my corset consultation comes in – consider me your corset broker, or your ambassador to the corsetieres. You give me your measurements, your desired silhouette, your budget and what you plan to use the corset for. I sort through my knowledge and experience of having tried over 150 corsets from more than 60 different corsetieres and brands, and will give you my recommendations for corsets that will most closely fit your criteria. To date, I have helped well over 800 people narrow down their choices and help match them up with a suitable corset.
Personal corset consultations are now $60
Serious inquiries ONLY please. Only those who have paid the consultation fee will have a time slot secured.
(Yes, this is more expensive than some corsets out there… but trial and error with corsets can cost hundreds or thousands.)
There are two options:
1. Skype correspondence of 45 minutes. Afterward I provide an mp3 audio file of our discussion, and I allow up to 3 follow-up emails for any extra questions you may have.
2. Email correspondence. I usually ask for about 1 week to complete the initial report of my recommendations for you, which is normally around 1000 words. Afterwards, you have a total of 5 follow-up emails for any extra questions you may have (if you need clarification or want to know about alternate brands).
Please note that for the protection and comfort of us both, there are extra policies involved with Skype consultations.
What might you expect to learn from a Corset Consultation?
- Corset brand recommendations to suit your budget, needs and location
- Which corset lengths are most suitable for your body
- What to look out for when choosing certain fabrics
- Information about each company’s reputation and customer service, including return/ exchange info
- News about young brands on the market and their strengths and weaknesses, where applicable
- Setting rumors, urban legends or gossip straight with the truth
- Answers to your specific waist training questions
- Helpful tips and tricks on how to improve your own corset making skills, if applicable
- Growing trends in the corset industry and what more clients are looking for
- Tips for corset makers on properly listing your corsets on sales pages; what information and pictures translate best to buyers
- Skype clients can also receive:
- a live demonstration of taking measurements, catered to your body type and whichever corset you’re interested in
- close-up view and comparison of any corsets currently in my corset collection
- real-time walkthrough of any corsetiere’s order form
What are the advantages of a Corset Consultation?
- High priority in my email queue – paying clients have their questions addressed first.
- Extremely personalized information with your needs in mind, as opposed to generalized information.
- Highly detailed answers to your corset questions, as opposed to a short link to my most relevant video.
- My personal, subjective views on certain corset brands, methodologies and current trends.
- The option to speak face-to-face with me in the Skype option and have your queries answered immediately.
Are you ready?
The policies: this consultation is personalized to you, and completely confidential, non-transferable and non-returnable.
Policies for ALL Consultations
CONFIDENTIAL: There is an implied non-disclosure agreement between us. This means I don’t share your information with anyone. Your body measurements, your identity, your payment information, everything you share with me will stay between us. By requesting a consultation, you also agree that anything I mention within the Skype call or any of the follow-up emails will not be shared with other corset makers or brands. This is the only way that I am comfortable sharing subjective (opinion-based) and up-to-date information about certain brands without being accused of libel. Furthermore, the corset companies don’t even know if I’m sending people their way, so there is no way that they can ‘bribe’ me into recommending more people to them.
NON-TRANSFERABLE: This means that if you and your best friend are both looking for a corset, you each go through the consultation separately. This is not so I earn more money; this is because everyone’s body is different, everyone’s tastes are different, and everyone has a different tolerance to restriction. A corset that is comfortable and easy for you may be painful or possibly even dangerous for someone else.
NON-RETURNABLE: This means that the fee cannot be refunded (unless I truly feel that I cannot help you). I spend hours researching, organizing and writing up these reports and answering your follow-up questions, and in some cases I also provide confidential subjective information that is not available elsewhere on the internet. Time and experience is money, and this once this special knowledge is given, you cannot un-learn it. However, if you end up purchasing a corset from/through my website following the consultation, you will be credited $20 towards your purchase.
MISCELLANEOUS: Nothing in these consultations are intended to be taken as medical advice, nor does it replace a one-on-one relationship with a qualified medical physician. I strongly recommend that you consult with your trusted healthcare professional(s) before purchasing or using a corset for any reason, and ensure that your health and well-being is monitored regularly. Further, by agreeing to the consultation, you are stating that you are above 18 years / recognized as a legal adult capable of acting on your own behalf, or if you are under 18, that you have express permission from your parent or guardian to move forward.
*Please see additional notes for Skype consultations...
- As with the policies stated above, Skype calls are confidential, non-transferrable, non-refundable, and not to be confused with medical advice.
- Depending on the nature of your interests and questions, if I feel uncomfortable scheduling a Skype call with you, I have the right to suggest a written report instead, or to refund your payment at my discretion.
- For maximum benefit, please have a computer (not just a phone) that supports Skype calling, reliable internet service, and please be sure that you’re tech-savvy enough to make use of the messaging function as I often send links. I will also allow 1 follow-up email to answer any questions that you may have forgot to ask during the Skype call.
- During calls, mutual respect is key. Please sit in a quiet spot away from TV, cell phones, loud noises or distractions if possible.
- If you require help with measuring yourself for corsets, I may not be able to choose corset styles for you right away as this requires time to research what would fit best. Therefore, these types of calls are best reserved for brain-picking sessions, or you can schedule another call in the future.
- Please come prepared: Analyzing the fit of a corset is easiest if you are wearing a fitted, white or light colored T-shirt or tanktop, and fitted pants. Be sure to have a soft tailor’s measuring tape, a piece of string to tie around your waist, and a paper and pencil on hand.
- These consultations are 45 minutes, please keep an eye on the clock and stay on topic so we can maximize the usefulness of your consultation. The full 30-minute window is reserved for you, so if you run out of questions and only use part of the time, there are no partial refunds. If the 45 minutes are up but you still have questions and need more time, depending on schedule / availability, an additional 45 minutes can be arranged at a slight discount.
- Flirting, stripping, nudity, hostility, costumes, fantasy role-play (or anything considered explicit and coffee-shop-inappropriate) are strictly forbidden and will result in immediate termination of the Skype session, without any refund. Further, if the Skype call gets out of hand and boundaries are not being respected, I hold the right to breach confidentiality and use the Skype call recordings and information as evidence in the court of law.
FAQ/ Troubleshooting/ Help:Do I REALLY need this consultation?
*I don't understand how to take my measurements!
*How long will it take to receive a response from you?
*What does the consultation cover and not cover? Can I go through the consultation multiple times?
*I don't know if the form was sent/the payment went through/ my internet gave out, what should I do?
*It's been more than a week and I haven't heard back from you. What gives?
*Would you be able to mentor me on a regular basis through my waist training journey?
*Can you give me lessons on how to make a corset from scratch?