Photo [Right]: Juno Lucina is one of the writers for Solaced – you’ll read her story of her personal transformation, The Art of Aging, in the Mature Corseting chapter.
As we take the next few weeks to put the finishing touches on the Solaced Corset Anthology, I’d like to make sure that we’re on the right track. Since the corset community has made this book possible in the first place (first by helping to build the list of corset benefits on this page, and then by submitting more in-depth experience for the book), it’s only fair that you, the community, also have a say in what stories end up in the final book.
I was initially worried about not having enough stories for the book, but after over 150 prospective writers (about 120 of whom submitted stories) as it turns out, I have too many stories now, and my editor has told me to cull. I’m very bad at this and need your help.
This book will have more of a focus on the therapeutic (physical and emotional) benefits of corsets, and there may be an opportunity to make another volume focused around the corset community and industry in general, as well as other “softer” stories (so whatever stories will be cut from this book, will likely make it into the next one!). Below you’ll find the list of topics/ chapters: you get a say in which topics interest you most, and which ones you would probably skip.
You can also let me know in your comment whether you prefer Kindle, Paperback, Audio, or another book format! Kindle will be the first to be released, but I will almost definitely bring the book to print a bit later on. Other formats I will consider if the demand is high enough.
Thanks so much for your feedback!
Solaced: 99 Uplifting Narratives about Corsets, Well-Being, and Hope
Chapter list (NOTE: This has been edited to reflect the final version of the book)
- Back Injuries – structural support after physical trauma
- Spinal Curve – support or correction of scoliosis, kyphosis, or lordosis
- Breast support – including treatment of thoracic outlet syndrome
- Weight Loss & Lifestyle – using the corset as a kickstarter or external lap-band
- Hypermobility & EDS – preventing subluxation
- Disability – seven stories of how corsets help with various physiological disorders
- Fibromyalgia – promoting muscle relaxation and drug-free pain relief
- Gastrointestinal Disorders – helping with the symptoms of IBS, chronic constipation, and ulcerative colitis
- Dysmenorrhea & Endometriosis – using compression to reduce period cramping
- Post-Surgical Abdominal Weakness – support of the abdominal muscles following surgery
- Armor – the corset’s protective role during car accidents or against violent aggressors
- Body Positive – recovery from eating disorders and body dysmorphia
- Post Partum – treatment of diastasis recti, symphysis pubic dysfunction, and post partum depression
- Gender Identity – overcoming gender/body dysphoria, assisting in expression
- Anxiety & Depression – using deep pressure therapy to improve mental well-being
- Autism Spectrum – using deep pressure therapy for those with ASD
- PTSD & Coping with Adversity – pressure therapy following traumatic or difficult events
- Mature Corseting – wearing corsets from middle age and onward, commentary on aging
- Corsets & Metaphysics – essays on Reiki and the chakras
- Newspaper Clippings – a small collection of Victorian newspaper articles on corsets saving the lives of wearers
- Potpourri – stories that don’t quite fit in with the others
Which topics do you look forward to reading the most? Leave a comment below!