The Libra underbust corset in Dandelions on Blue Cotton and matching laces.
The Libra corset is suitable for someone with an average torso length (it is shorter than the standard length hourglass!) and a relatively balanced figure who carries their weight equally on top and bottom. If you find that you have to lace the hourglass corset with a “V” shaped lacing gap, you may find that the Libra laces closed on you with room to spare!
This corset is Timeless Trends label, and is made to the same specifications as Timeless Trends.
This table shows the ribcage, waist, and hip measurements for each size Libra corset.
|Corset Size||Ribcage (inches)|
(Measured 4.5 inches
up from waistline)
|Waist (inches)||Upper Hip (inches)
(Measured 3 inches
down from waistline)
The Libra corsets generally accommodate ribcage ~10 inches larger than the waist, and hips ~11 inches larger than the waist. For instance, a size 24″ corset would fit someone with a ribcage circumference of 34″ and high hip of 35″. However, as a mass-produced garment there is a natural variation in these corsets so the proportions may not be exact in every corset.
Lengthwise, the standard length underbust corsets are approximately:
10.5 inches long in the center front.
9.5 inches long at the princess seam.
9.5 inches long at the side seam.
12 inches long at the center back.
- most only accommodate reductions up to ~7 inches
- most are only available for long torso lengths (11 inches or more)
- most are typically marketed towards gentlemen and they have a stereotypically masculine shape
- athletic women who may have a muscular back, especially developed latissimus dorsi muscles (this would be suitable for waist training prior to fitness competitions)
- nonbinary individuals who like to wear corsets but do not want a style that is overly feminine nor overly masculine
- drag queens who would like a dramatic waist reduction and may not want to pad out their hips or have to wear an OTR corset upside down for it to fit better
- anyone who has developed a barrel chest (congenitally or through swimming, playing a brass instrument, singing professionally, etc) and a comparatively narrow pelvis
It is generally advised that corsets are ordered approximately 4-6 inches (10-12 cm) smaller than your natural waist – however if you would like to have your size verified before purchase, you may fill out the measurement form on this page. Please note that this sizing guide is only for the corsets sold on this website, and is not intended to replace a consultation (where external brands are discussed freely).
This corset contains two core layers of cotton, and a fashion fabric of cotton. The fashion fabric is always fully fused to the twill, which adds strength and prevents bubbling or wrinkling – creating a smooth line on the body.
All standard underbust corsets contain 20 spiral steel bones and 6 flat steel bones, plus a front fastening busk and back grommets/ laces. Libra corsets have a modesty placket by the busk, and 6 garter tabs instead of 4.
A back modesty panel is not included, but we do have separate, boned modesty panels for separate purchase.
Returns and Exchanges:
You have a full 30 days from the purchase date to “try out” the corset and you can return or exchange it as long as the corset does not have any stains, scents, or obvious signs of wear. Just fill out the exchange form, ship it back and I’ll give you a full refund (minus shipping; USPS takes that). Lucy Corsetry does not charge any restocking fee! After the 30 days are over, the corset will not be accepted for refund, but it is still under warranty for life – some wear is normal, but if something prematurely breaks from normal use, your corset is still eligible for exchange. Please see our TOS and Policies for more information.