SUBMITTING MEASUREMENTS FOR THE CONSULTATION OR WHEN ORDERING AN OTR CORSET
- Underbust circumference - (measure horizontally at the line marked A) – this is around your ribcage, about the same height as your bra band.
- Waist circumference – (measure horizontally at B) – your natural waist, not desired one.
- High hip circumference – (measure horizontally at C) – around the iliac crest (“wings” of your hips) not around your bum!
This is usually about 4-5 inches down from your waistline, whereas your “full hips” would usually be 7-9 inches below the waistline.
- Torso length – while sitting down on a hard chair or bench, with a straight back, measure vertically from under one breast to the top of your lap.
If you are ordering/ inquiring about an overbust corset, I will also need:
- Bust circumference – This is different to your bra size. Measure around the fullest part of your bust or chest, wearing a supportive but unpadded bra.
- Usual bra size – and it also helps to know what country your bras are made in (American and UK sizes are different)
SUBMITTING MEASUREMENTS FOR A CUSTOM CORSET
Only after your order for a bespoke corset has been approved, I will need a list of measurements from you to ensure the corset fits your body properly – this is both the safest and most flattering option.
For an underbust corset, I will need the following measurements to draft your corset (Please see the diagrams below the list for reference) : To learn how to measure yourself for an underbust, please see this video:
- B) Underbust (where you want the corset to begin) – and front half
- C) Lower ribcage – and front half
- D) Natural Waist
- D) Desired Waist
- E) High Hip – and front half
- F) Low Hip (where you want the longline to end) – and front half
- (5 – 3) Waist to underbust
- (5 – 4) Waist to lower ribcage
- (5 – 6) Waist to high hip
- (5 – 7) Waist to low hip
- (5 – 10) Waist to lap (take this one sitting down)
- (5 – 2) Desired height at center front (waist to top)
- Desired height at center back (waist to top) – not shown on diagram
- (5 – 8) Desired dip at center front (waist to bottom)
- The dip of the center back bottom (generally limited to the tailbone due to curve of your bum) – not shown on diagram
- A) Bust at fullest point (wearing a well-fitted, supportive, preferably non-padded bra)
- Horizontal measurement starting from center front, over bust (at the height of top edge) and stopping at the armpit (ask if this is totally confusing to you)
- (5 – 1) Waist to fullest part of bust (in a straight line, not following the contours of the underside of the bust)
- (5 – 9) Waist to fullest bust, along the bust curve
- (11) Desired height of top of corset above the bust (measured from the fullest point of bust up to where you’d like the top edge to be).
- *note that for most overbust corsets without straps, the upper edge of the back should be around the height of your bra-band or higher to give proper bust support.
- (If you are comfortable sharing this) Your bra size and which country you buy your bras from.